Chocolate Cake Bars
This recipe is very simple and very good! I did not take a picture of it because I cut into it right after it cooled and then thought after I did that “dern, I didn’t get a picture.” So hopefully it will turn out just as good for you as it did for me!!!
* 1 package of devils food cake mix
* 1 package of instant chocolate pudding (I used the 3/4 of the family box)
* 2 cups of sour cream
* 1 cup softened butter
* 5 eggs
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 1 cup chocolate or white chocolate morsels (you can use up to 2 cups of these in the mixture)
1. Beat together the first 5 ingredients for about 2 minutes
2. Mix in the morsels and pour into 2, 9 inch square pans
Makes one for you and one for your husband, lol
**These were good to me without any icing or melted chocolate drizzle. Of course, adding either of those does add more chocolate goodness so try them out plain first like I did (take a picture first, lol) then if you want more chocolate kick melt some morsels and drizzle over the top or lightly frost!
Leave a Comment