Brandon and Tony went fishing and brought home a few fish so we had to have a fish fry. Along with the fish, I made some hush puppies. They looked great and also tasted great. Even though they aren’t healthy at all, try them out sometime, you can treat yourself to fried food every once in awhile!
Oil (of course)
1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Heat Oil
2. Using a mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Stir together the buttermilk and egg.
4. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
5. Drop the batter, 1 teaspoon at a time, into the oil. (I used a small ice cream scoop instead of a spoon)
6. Fry until golden brown, turning the hush puppies during the cooking process.
Leave a Comment