Tonight for dinner I made Zucchini Lasagna and it turned out so delicious! To make this a healthy recipe, I replaced the noodles with zucchini to lower the carbs. I am not one to eat leftovers but this is something I am looking forward to reheating tomorrow for my lunch! Even the kids loved it and ate it up!!! I hope you try this recipe out!!!
1 lb lean beef or ground turkey
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
3 medium zucchini, sliced thin
15 oz part-skim ricotta
16 oz part-skin shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
1. In a medium sauce pan, brown meat. When cooked drain in colander to remove any fat. Add olive oil to the pan and saute garlic and onions. Return the meat to the pan, add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer on low for at least 20 – 30 minutes, covered.
2. Slice zucchini thin slices, add lightly salt and set aside or 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, blot excess moisture with a paper towel. (I used setting 2 on m mandoline to slice the zucchini)
3. Grill the zucchini slices. I used my griddle, grill, panni press to grill the slices.
4. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
6. In a 9×12 casserole spread some sauce on the bottom and layer slices of the zucchini to cover the sauce. Then place 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, then top with the mozzarella cheese and repeat the process until all your ingredients are used up. Top with sauce and mozzarella and cover with foil.
7. Bake 45 minutes covered at 350°, then uncovered 15 minutes. Let the lasagna stand 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment